The Construction Analyst is responsible for budgeting and purchase orders for all construction projects. Additionally, this position is responsible for maintaining communication with contractors and vendors, and ensuring project bids and invoices are handled. Collaborate with construction superintendents and Director of Construction on budgets, bids, change orders, vendors/trades, and any other support needed for the construction department.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of experience providing administrative support with increasing responsibility, construction experience a plus.
- Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple competing projects within established timeframes and deadlines
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and dealing with professionals inside and outside the company
- Demonstrated proficiency in mathematical skills and formulas.
- Have a sense of urgency, be passionate about your work and display curiosity towards the position
- Strong creative vision and problem-solving skills with a full understanding of business principles
- Good interpersonal skills with innate ability to work cross-functionally
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products essential.
- Strong Customer service skills and effective time management skills. Ability to remain focused with frequent interruptions and distractions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Able to follow written and/or verbal directions.
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team.
- Solicits and maintains communication with multiple subcontractors and vendors. Identifies their current products, capabilities, & lead-times.
- Provides budgeting and Purchase Orders (PO) for all projects.
- Follows up with contractors for bid results and provides them any additional information or value engineering required to help them make their selection
- Ensure expectations are clearly communicated and accurately documented on a written quote. Invoice accepted quotes and collect deposits.
- Collaborate with construction superintendents during active construction jobs to help estimate change orders or value engineer as needed.
- Delivers effective communications; verbally, written, and over the phone. Exercises discretion and diplomacy at all times;
- Works independently within scope of responsibilities, anticipates problems, and uses sound judgment to act appropriately;
- Generate finalized budgets; prepare and distribute start packages for new homes.
- Responsible for implementing systems which contribute to improving and transforming costs toward best-in-class practices. Those system PO’s, VO’s and CO’s are extremely important in cost controls. The Analyst needs to monitor costs through budgets and commitments no less than once a month and more frequent based on data.
- Coordinates with vendors, customers, and company personnel to review and plan for the specific details of each project.
- Responsible for change order pricing. Review change order pricing with Superintendent(s) and Construction Manager.
- Ability to set work priorities. Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of construction costs.
- Evaluate and create solutions to work related problems.
- Ability to persuade and influence trades in order to negotiate best contract terms.
- Review, qualify, and clarify all bids, and updated bids as needed.
- Assist accounting department in researching and resolving budget and payment issues
- Demonstrates attention to detail, a commitment to accuracy and thoroughness;
- Must provide exceptional customer service while considering the impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers;
- Ability to set effective work goals, establish priorities, and plan well in order to produce quality work;
- Strong organizational skills and time management-excellent at coordinating and prioritizing;
- Problem solving, "get it done” attitude with being very "hands-on” and ready to pitch in;
- Ability and willingness to accept and provide feedback;
- Assists with other ad-hoc duties and projects as assigned.